Howdy! Having used IL for the last 3 years I wanted to put out a list of some upgrades that I would love to see for the platform. Some are repeats of previous suggestions, some are the same:
1. We NEED the ability to manually enter sales. I understand your platform is Amazon (.us) centric. I get it. You don't have access to ebay or other 3P marketplaces. That's fine. But we NEED to be able to manually enter sales from other sales channels for our recordkeeping. The main benefit to this would be to ACCURATELY reflect inventory and COGS. Some of my suppliers sell to me in other currencies which fluctuate over time when converted to USD. But over time, when I make sales on other platforms, I need to lock in the COG for the unit I sold from the batch I sold it from, which may be a different COG than another batch. Simply lowering my purchase/restock quantity does NOT provide accurate recordkeeping - it just creates a larger headache. In addition to tracking COGS and income it would also allow us to input fees and shipping costs and include those directly in the P&L. This general feature has been requested multiple times.
2. Reports-Inventory Valuation - We need to be able to get more information by clicking on items from this list. There is no hyperlinking here which seems silly. If I have an item in inventory showing up on the report, why should I have to copy/paste the MSKU from this screen to the inventory overview/FBA/MFN screens to dig deeper? It should be as easy as clicking on the item from this report.
3. Disposition Management - The platform is for managing inventory so there should be a way for me to be able to dispose of inventory in the system. I have a couple of products that have expired that are in stock locally (not at Amazon). Others that have been replaced with newer versions. I need a means to dispose of a quantity directly from my inventory and for the system to include those COGS in my P&L statement.
4. Closed batches - it would be useful for us to be able to copy/paste Amazon shipment IDs into the closed batches for easier cross referencing. Even if the system can't do this automatically, a manual process would be great. This would come in handy when trying to remember which IL batch was sent to Amazon using the Shipment ID information provided by amazon. The "Name" feature would be of more use if it was amazon shipment ID info. This could then help to link between Closed batches and Inbound Shipping information under "Batch Name" where you could see costs and contents.
5. Reports-Supplier Profitability - This needs to link to a consolidated list of the items you sold from said supplier. It's good to know how many units sold from a particular supplier, but if you get multiple items from the same supplier, it would be nice to just click on the supplier name and there is the list of each item and the number of units per line. This would also apply to category profitability, however..
6. Reports-Category Profitability - This is only as useful as it is accurate. Amazon categories are terribly inaccurate much of the time. This would almost be better if we could assign the categories ourselves rather than rely on the ones provided by amazon, or at least to be able to override them.
7. Reports-Tags - It would be a great benefit to be able to search by tags and get reports on profitability.
Please sign in to leave a comment.