Running into errors when importing your Buy List file into Stratify, but not sure what the issue is? We've put together some information on how to move forward from common issues below.
Buy List Formatting Issues
If you are importing your own custom Buy List and are running into errors, or have made changes to a file after exporting it from Scoutify, be sure to check and confirm that you've followed the requirements below for the file:
- Must be formatted as a .CSV file (not .txt, .xlsx, etc.)
- Do not add commas in the headings of your import as the file type causes comma separation.
- Required Columns:
- List Price
- A List Price greater than 0.00 must be entered for each item.
- Dates must be valid and in MM/DD/YY or MM/DD/YYYY format.
If needed, make the formatting changes and save the file again before attempting to import it once more.
MSKU Already Exists for Another ASIN Error
Amazon does not allow an MSKU to be assigned to different ASINs. If you've included MSKUs for the items in your Buy List file and are running into error messages when importing, check to make sure that they are not assigned to multiple ASINs.
You will run into errors while importing if:
- There are different ASINs with the same MSKU assigned in the Buy List file
- An MSKU in the Buy List file has already been assigned to a different ASIN in your inventory
If Stratify catches this during the Buy List Validations steps, it will present the message below.
To move forward, check to make sure that the same MSKU has not been entered multiple times for different ASINs in the file.
If that's not the issue, search for the MSKUs included in your Buy List file on your Inventory>Overview or Inventory>FBA & Merchant pages in Stratify to see if they are already assigned to different ASINs in your inventory.
Once you've ensured each MSKU included in the Buy List file is unique for each ASIN, save the file and try to import it once more.
If you're seeing the message pictured above during Buy List Validation, you can also click "Create New MSKU" to proceed without having to make changes to your file.
InvalidParameterValue or Invalid ASIN Error
If you're running into error messages that include "InvalidParameterValue" or "Invalid ASIN" it could be due to the following:
- One or more ASINs in the file are not valid for the Amazon.com (US) Marketplace
- The information entered in the rows does not match the header for each column (e.g. having List Price data entered under the ASIN header)
Once you've found the issue, make the needed changes and save the file again before attempting to import it once more.