Importing accounting details into your inventory is easy, and should be the first step you take once your inventory has finished syncing from Seller Central!
Just follow the steps below:
Note: Importing your costs will not work for items that have replenishments. For these, you will be prompted to add your replenishment items to a bulk edit draft. Additionally, if your item no longer exists within inventory, you may update the buy cost information in bulk in your Sales pages.
1. Navigate to Inventory > FBA or Merchant.
2. Click the stacked dots and choose Export Inventory Data.
3. Open up your exported file and update the cost/unit, supplier, purchase quantity and/or date purchased information. You can import up to 2000 MSKUs at a time.
Note: Cost/unit can NOT have a $ character and date must be Month/Day/4 digit year.
4. When you are ready to import go back into your inventory pages in InventoryLab. Click the 3 stacked dots and choose 'Import Inventory Data'.
5. Click Browse and select the file on your computer. Select Validate.
6. The next screen allows you to match the fields in InventoryLab with the columns in your .CSV file. The required fields are indicated in Red.
7. Select the correct columns for InventoryLab to import from for each field and click Process File.
8. You will be taken to a validation screen. If everything is great for a specific MSKU and set to import, you will see a green Review Complete.
If not, you'll see a message for review and options on correcting the issue. You can take action individually or in bulk at the bottom of the page:
*Note: Items with replenishments can be added to a bulk draft. It does NOT carry over purchasing information, as the system wouldn't know whether it needs to be a new replenishment or carried to an existing one.
9. Once all issues are corrected, click Complete Review.
10. You will see a confirmation of what will be updated. Click the confirmation to accept the changes:
That’s it! You should now receive an Import Success message. Note: Imported changes can take up to 20 minutes to take effect on your account.