You can print from your DYMO printer using any browser! Some of the more common DYMO printers our users print from include the DYMO LabelWriter 450, the DYMO LabelWriter 450 Turbo, and the DYMO LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo.
DYMO printers are not compatible with Chromebooks.
DYMO Printer Setup Steps
1. Turn on and connect your DYMO to your computer.
2. Install version 8.7.4 for Mac or version 8.7.3 for Windows of the DYMO Label Software to your computer. This is not just the Drivers for your printer; it’s a bundle that comprises the most current drivers as well as the necessary software framework to allow InventoryLab to communicate with the device. After downloading and installing the DLS software for your OS, log out of InventoryLab and restart your browser.
3. Access the Printing area inside InventoryLab. To navigate there, click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of InventoryLab and click Settings, then select Printing from the left side menu.
On the Printing page, click on the Set Up Your Printer button located in the center of the screen.
4. Once selected, you will have an option to use the Standard method (on the right side of the screenshot below) or IL Print (on the right side of the image below). IL Print is the preferred method as it works outside of the browser, and is not susceptible to updates to browsers which can require you to go through this process again if using the standard method.
If you want to install IL print, we suggest reading the below support articles as this article is about the standard method of installing the DYMO printer:
To set up your printer using the standard method, click on the left side option in the below screen:
Once you click the "No Thanks" option, InventoryLab will now run a check to ensure that the DLS software is installed and actively communicating on your machine. If the software is installed and functioning, you’ll be taken to the Selection window to choose your model of DYMO, label type, and orientation of the labels.
If the software is not installed, you will be prompted to download it by clicking the Download LabelWriter button in the below image (You can also navigate to the DYMO software download page by clicking the "download page" link below the button):
Download the software and then unplug your printer and install it. Once the software is installed, plug your printer in and come back to the InventoryLab screen. Click on Next and you should be taken to the DYMO printer model and label selection window:
The DYMO LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo is only able to print from 1 side within InventoryLab. If you run out of labels and need to switch to the other side, you will have to run the Set Up Your Printer process again and choose the correct side with the remaining labels. Once your choices have been made click the Done button.
Make sure to review your Print Setting Options to determine how you want to print your labels (on adding to batch, with or without expiration dates, etc).
Once you complete the Print Setup you'll see your printer displayed under the Manage Printer section. You will also have the option to Remove Printer (uninstall), download IL Print, and Print a Test Label:
For Windows users, if your labels are not completely printing, such as barcode only, it could be due to a conflict with the DYMO Connect software that may have been installed. In that case, follow these steps to resolve it:
- Unplug your DYMO printer
- Uninstall the DYMO Connect software from your computer
- Download the Windows 8.7.3 version of DYMO software here.
- Install 8.7.3 and then plug in your DYMO
- Go through the Set Up Your Printer steps to reinstall your printer to see if that resolved the issue.
For further assistance, reach out to our Support Team via the Support menu: