Adding items to your Unlisted Inventory page can come in handy to keep track of inventory at home or in your warehouse that you're not ready to sell on Amazon just yet. This article will cover how to add items in bulk using a .csv but you can also add items individually by following these instructions - Unlisted Inventory - How to Add Items Manually
! Unlike importing into the other Inventory pages or Accounting, importing into Unlisted Inventory is an ADD ONLY capability. It will not update data already in your Unlisted Inventory. For example, if you export your Unlisted Inventory, make changes, and reimport it back in, you will end up with duplicate entries for everything.
To begin, click on Inventory at the top of your screen and select Unlisted Inventory
Click the three lines in upper right corner near the Search bar and select Import
Select Browse to locate the saved .csv file on your computer, then select Process File
A template to use to import Unlisted Inventory can be found at the bottom of this support article
A modal will appear where you will need to select the corresponding columns with the file you are importing
- Purchased Date
- Unlisted Qty
- Exp. Date
Once you've matched up your columns, click Next to proceed with processing the file. Or, to go back and select a different file, click Cancel
Some things to note:
- If the Condition is left blank InventoryLab will automatically default the Condition to New.
- If you do not include MSKUs in your file, they will be generated automatically for you based on your Custom Variable MSKU settings.
- If you include ASINs in your file, they must already be existing ASIN's from Amazon's Product Catalog. If an item is not in Amazon's Product Catalog at all yet, you will need to add it in order to create an ASIN for it. This can be done here in Seller Central- Create a new product listing
There are 3 steps in the process to import your file:
The column headers indicate the information that is displayed in each particular column
- Items with the green 'Review Complete' notation in the Review column have been processed successfully
- Items with a red issue in the Review column require action to be taken before they can be processed
- Merge MSKU - the file includes a duplicate entry for this MSKU. Clicking ‘Merge MSKU’ will merge the qty to be included with first entry for the MSKU. At this time, the qty of units being merged will take on same accounting data (cost/unit, supplier and purchased date) as the first entry for it in the file.
- Replenish MSKU - the file includes an item that InventoryLab recognizes as already existing in your Unlisted Inventory. Click ‘Replenish MSKU’ to choose an existing MSKU to use.
- Create New MSKU - the file includes an item that InventoryLab recognizes as already existing in your Unlisted Inventory. If you if you don’t want to replenish an existing MSKU, click ‘Create New MSKU’ and a new one will be generated based on your Custom Variable MSKU settings.
- Remove from Import - Clicking 'Remove from Import' removes the item so it will not be added to your Unlisted Inventory.
If there is more than one issue that needs action, you can fix them in bulk by clicking 'Review' in the lower left corner of the screen
Once actions have been taken on all issues, click Validate to move on to the next step
The Validation step will check to make sure there are no other actions needed for the items. If there are more red issues in the Review column, you will need to click Revalidate after taking actions for them. Information on the available actions can be found above.
Add to Inventory
Once all needed actions have been done, take one last look at the items to make sure everything is correct, then click Add Items to Inventory to complete the import process
Note: If you import a list but no issues are found or actions are needed, you won't be taken to the 'Fix Issues' step in the import process and will go straight to 'Add to Inventory' right away. This gives you the opportunity to still review and remove items if needed before adding them to your unlisted inventory
You'll then be taken back to the main view the Unlisted Inventory page with a notification confirming how many items were added to your inventory.