If you're looking to start managing the dispositions of your refunds, removals, and disposals, here's a tutorial for both existing users who have used InventoryLab prior to July 1st, 2019, and new users who have signed up after that date.
Users Who Signed up on or After July 1st, 2019
At this point, all of your Refund dispositions will automatically be marked as the Amazon disposition on the Refunds page.
1. Under Accounting>Disposition Management in Stratify, adjust the dispositions for any Removals that you disagree with the Amazon disposition for. You will continue to manage all of your refunds on the Disposition Management page from this point.
2. Mark MFN returns prior to July 1st, 2019 on the Accounting>Refunds page as Sellable or Unsellable depending on the condition when you received them back. No need to change FBA refunds.
Users Who Signed up Prior to July 1st, 2019
1. Pull your FBA Return Report in Seller Central under Reports>Fulfillment>FBA Customer Returns. Download as a file instead of using the online report with dates covering all dates you've had customer returns. More information on this report can be found here- FBA Customer Returns Report
2. Use this report to go down the list of Refunds in Stratify under Accounting>Refunds and mark them all with the Amazon disposition.
The defective/damaged dispositions are Unsellable. Sellable is Sellable.
If a refund is NOT on that report, set it to Unsellable since the buyer never returned it.
MFN Returns will also appear here prior to July 1st, 2019. Be sure to mark those as Sellable or Unsellable depending on if you were able to sell the item again or not.
3. Under Accounting>Disposition Management in Stratify, adjust the dispositions for any Removals that you disagree with the Amazon disposition for.
You'll also see Removals not due to customer returns here, so you'll want to mark the dispositions for those as well. You will manage all of your refunds on this page from this point.