If you're using IL Print and find that you cannot print, take the steps below to get up and running again, depending on the issue:
Note: If you need troubleshooting for the standard DYMO printer setup up, click here.
Issue: InventoryLab cannot find IL Print
Cause: IL Print is either not installed or the application has been closed.
Solution: Install IL Print by running the print setup if you haven't already.
Once you click to download, the file will then automatically begin to download, which you will see in the lower right corner of your browser. You're not quite done yet! Take the next steps to install the download onto your computer:
If you do not automatically have downloads set to Open once complete, you can click on the three dots next to the file and select Open to launch the installation wizard.
Note: If the download does not appear in your browser bar, navigate to Finder > Downloads > and double click IL Print 1.0.pkg.
After you open the download, a pop up will appear that guides you through installing the application. Click continue to move through the installation process.
If you do not have Java installed, a prompt will appear for you to download Java first. This is required to continue with installation.
Once you have received the Success message, you should also see the IL Print icon on your device:
If you've already installed it, you'll need to reopen the application. First, click on Launchpad:
Next, find and click 'IL Print Service'.
The icon should appear in your Dock.
Issue: IL Print Installation Failed
Cause: Java may not be installed on your computer
Solution: Download the latest Java software from their website here.
Issue: DYMO Cannot Be Found
Cause: The driver may not be installed correctly.
Solution: Perform an uninstall/reinstall to ensure that the print driver is completely installed.
- Disconnect the power cable from your printer.
- Fully delete all current driver downloads completely from your computer - This step is CRUCIAL. If you only install the correct driver version without first uninstalling the one you already have, your issue will not resolve.
- Uninstall instructions for Mac OSX Sierra
- Download and install the latest version of DYMO directly from the DYMO website. For your convenience, the files are located below:
- Find the DYMO software download in your download folder (or the location on your computer designated for downloaded files). Double click the file and follow the install instructions.
- Make sure your printer is installed on your computer (after a driver update, many times it is not. This will cause it to not be recognized in IL)
Mac->Launchpad->System Preferences->Printers & Scanners->Click the + sign in the lower right of your printer list.
Since your printer is plugged in during this step, your Mac should automatically recognize your printer to select.
Re-Run Print Setup in InventoryLab (Settings-> Print Settings -> Set Up a Printer)