If you're using IL Print and find that you cannot print, take the steps below to get up and running again, depending on the issue:
Note: If you need troubleshooting for the Standard DYMO printer setup up, click here.
Issue: InventoryLab cannot find IL Print
Cause: IL Print is either not installed or the application has been closed.
Solution: Install IL Print by running the print setup if you haven't already and make sure it is running on your computer.
After clicking "Download" in the setup steps, the file will then automatically begin to download, which you will see in the lower right corner of your browser.
You're not quite done yet! Take the next steps to install the download file to your computer:
If you do not automatically have downloads set to Open once complete, you can click on the three dots next to the file and select Open to launch the installation wizard.
Note: If the download does not appear in your browser bar, navigate to Finder>Downloads and double click IL Print.pkg
After you open the download, a pop-up will appear that guides you through installing the application. Click Continue to move through the installation process.
Note: If you do not already have Java installed on your computer, a prompt will appear for you to download Java first. Java is required to continue with the installation.
Once you have received the Success message, you should also see the IL Print icon on your device:
If you've already installed it, you'll need to reopen the application. First, click on Launchpad:
Next, find and click IL Print Service.
The icon should appear in your Dock.
Once you see it, try running through the IL Print setup steps once more and attempt to print a test label.
Issue: IL Print Installation Failed
Cause: Java may not be installed on your computer
Solution: Download the latest Java software from their website here before rerunning the IL Print setup.
Issue: DYMO Cannot Be Found
Cause: The DYMO driver may not be installed correctly.
Solution: Perform an uninstall/reinstall to ensure that the DYMO driver is completely installed.
- Disconnect the power cable from your printer.
- Fully delete all current driver downloads completely from your computer - This step is CRUCIAL. If you only install the correct driver version without first uninstalling the one you already have, your issue will not resolve.
- Click your DYMO icon and choose Exit.
- Completely remove the older DYMO certificate from your Mac:
Navigate to Finder>Applications>Utilities and open Keychain Access
In Keychain Access, click System. Look for the DYMO Root CA (for localhost) certificate and click it.
Right-click and choose "Delete DYMO Root CA (for localhost)". You will need to enter your password twice.
Do this for each DYMO Root CA certificate in this area.
- Download and install the latest version of DYMO's driver directly from the DYMO website. For your convenience, the two latest files are located below:
- Find the DYMO software download in your Downloads folder (or the location on your computer designated for downloaded files). Double click the file and follow the install instructions.
- Plug your printer back in. Make sure it is installed on your computer and prints from outside of Stratify. (After a driver update, many times the printer will no longer be installed, and this will cause it to not be recognized in Stratify.)
Navigate to Mac>Launchpad>System Preferences>Printers & Scanners and click the + sign in the lower right of your printer list to add it if needed. Since your printer is plugged in during this step, your Mac should automatically recognize your printer to select.
Re-run the IL Print Setup in Stratrify under Settings>Print Settings>Set Up a Printer and try printing a test label.