InventoryLab offers two types of workflows; Live and Private.
There are pros and cons to each workflow and it’s important you understand them all.
- A Private workflow is a more guided process
- You can edit quantity of MSKUs easily
- You can import Buy Lists to quickly create a batch for items in bulk
- You can choose to only send your product feeds without creating shipments which is important for anyone using Scan & Ship or prep/label services
- Warehouse destinations can change until shipments are created. This means you cannot pack your items into boxes as you list
The Private listing workflow may be for you if:
- You would like a more guided listing experience
- You pack your products at the end of your workflow
- You understand the benefits that the Private workflow offers in terms of saving on shipping
- You have multiple label prep types (Commingled or Amazon labels)
- You utilize a prep service/company
- You prefer to upload an Inbound Shipping Plan to Seller Central or use their Send to Amazon feature to create shipments for your items
- You are listing MFN (Merchant Fulfilled) products
- The warehouse destinations assigned to you will not change, everything will update live as you complete your batch
- You can edit MSKU quantities - additions will be assigned to a shipment, subtractions will be removed from a shipment.
- You can pack your items as you list
- There is a chance that you will spend more on shipping, as the Private workflow often condenses shipments into fewer splits (especially with oversize products)
The Live listing workflow may be for you if:
- You prefer to sort/pack as you list each product
- You have a multi-person operation where one person lists, while another sorts
- You're familiar with the process of listing products on Amazon and are looking for the most efficient workflow