Before you start a new Live batch you should ALWAYS click on Sync Shipments in the Working Shipment area to make sure InventoryLab has the most up to date shipment information. Neglecting to do this step can result in the items in the new batch being added to shipments that are already shipped out.
Make sure that any shipments in the shipping queue that you do not want to add to are in “Shipped” “In Transit”, “Receiving”, or “Closed” status. If there are shipments in “Working” or “Ready To Ship” status, items from your new batch may be added to them.
To mark these shipments as shipped and remove them from the Working Shipments area in InventoryLab, go to your Shipping Queue and on the summary section for that shipment, click on the Mark as Shipped button. The short video located here has more information on how to do this.
Once your Working Shipments window looks correct, you can now start a new batch.
To begin a batch open List and click on the green New Batch button
After clicking the New Batch button the screen below will appear and you will need to make some choices for your batch:
- Batch Name – Default is the date and time you are opening the batch. You may choose to list it based on supplier, contents, etc
- Include Buy List CSV - You can choose to import your batch items using a csv file. You can either use a buy list created within Scoutify 2 or create your own.
- Include Buy List From Scoutify - If you don't need to make changes to your own buy and want to import directly from Scoutify 2, click here and select any Active Buy List from the drop down menu.
- Ship From – You will need to set-up your ship from address in settings. The default address will be displayed. If you have more than one address in settings and wish to change to one of the secondary addresses, click on “ship from another address” for a menu of address choices.
- Packing Type – Indicate if your batch is individually packed items or case pack items
- Channels – Choose from FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) or MFN (Merchant Fulfilled)
- Workflow Type – Clicking on this allows you to decide which workflow to use for the batch. Your choices are private or live. To learn more about the workflow options visit Which Workflow Should I Choose? You cannot change between private and live once the batch has been created. In this case, you will choose Private.
- Labeling Preferences – Choose if you would like to label your items, or if you want Amazon to (Make sure your Amazon settings are the same!).
By default, Amazon will set your account to have a Commingling setting turned on. If you’d like to label all of your items yourself, please check out this article to turn off this setting before you start your batch.
- Provide Box Content – As of shipments being received November 1, 2016, Amazon has begun charging per item if you do not provide Box Content information for your shipments. InventoryLab has built this feature right into your workflow to make this process as easy as possible. To activate this feature, make sure the dropdown box has On Selected.
- Min/Max Preferences - Choose whether you would like to capture Min/Max prices for the batch. You have a choice of 'Do Not Capture', 'Send to Amazon', or 'Save to InventoryLab'. For more information, view the Min/Max help article.
- Shipping Method - Choose whether you plan to create the shipment as a Small Parcel Delivery (SPD) or a Less than Truckload (LTL) shipment. This does not allow you to choose which one you are using - that has to be done in Seller Central - but it allows you to be able to create the correct amount of boxes needed for each option. SPD has a box limit of 200 boxes.
- Box Auto Assign - Choose whether you would like your items to auto assign to boxes after adding them to your batch.
Once all your settings are correct, click the blue Create button: