The Supplier Profitability report shows your profit by supplier. This report takes into account sales and refunds for both your FBA and MFN listings to allow you to analyze how your items are performing by supplier. This can help you efficiently determine where you are getting your best return on investment.
Note: For the Profitability reports, data is pulled from sales even if in an Estimated status, so the revenue you see is subject to change within an open settlement period.
Although sales and refunds are accounted for, reimbursements and overhead expenses like inbound shipping/promos are not included in the totals shown on these reports.
Supplier Profitability Overview
To view the report, click the Reports tab and select Supplier Profitability from the dropdown menu.
The default view of this page shows data from the last 1 month. The Advanced Search can be utilized to view the entries within a specific timeframe or a custom date range. You can also search the report by Order ID, Title, ASIN, MSKU, or by scanning the UPC.
You can Export any view you select.
The report contains the following sortable columns:
- Supplier - This will show all of the suppliers with sales for the selected time period. If a supplier was not added to an item and it has sold, the profitability will be reflected under N/A. If you click on N/A, you will be taken to a list of all items that currently do not reflect a supplier- not just the ones in the report within that time period.
- Units Sold - The quantity of units sold for that supplier in the time period selected. (Order item shipped qty)
- Units Refunded - The number of units refunded that occurred during the selected timeframe.
- MFN Shipping - The MFN shipping totals for that supplier during the selected timeframe.
- Revenue - The revenue of the orders for that supplier in the time period selected. Refunds from the same time period are deducted from this total.
- % Of Revenue - The percent of revenue that supplier made up in the time period selected. Refunds from the same time period are deducted from this total. (Specific supplier revenue divided by total revenue)
- Profit - Sales revenue for that supplier in the time period selected minus the sales expenses. Refunds from the same time period are deducted from this total.
- ROI % - The Return on Investment of the orders for that supplier in the time period selected. (Profit/buy cost of orders and refunded orders*100)
- On Hand - The number of units on hand for that supplier for all MSKUs with on-hand quantity for that supplier.
- On Hand Buy Cost - The total in-stock buy cost for all on-hand units for that supplier.
The Totals bar at the bottom of the report shows the following values for the timeframe being viewed:
- Units Sold
- Units Refunded
- On Hand
- On Hand Buy Cost
Hovering over the bar graph reveals quick-glance profitability for each supplier.
Adding Suppliers to N/A Items
If there are sales or refunds for MSKUs missing supplier information for the timeframe being viewed, they will be grouped together on a line item with N/A as the supplier name:
If you click N/A, you will be taken to a view of the Inventory Overview page showing the MSKUS in All Channels that currently do not reflect a supplier.
Note: This view shows all MSKUs without supplier info and not just the ones in the report within that time period.
To add supplier information, click the On Hand quantity for the item in the available channel(s).
This will bring you to the Replenishment page for the listing where you can manually add or edit the supplier(s) for the MSKU. Once updated here, the supplier information will retroactively update past transactions for the listing, which will update your reports.
For detailed steps to update suppliers manually, please see- Adding Individual Cost per Unit, Supplier, and Purchase Date Manually
For steps to update multiple MSKUs at once, please see- Bulk Import Accounting Details into Inventory via .CSV