The Category Profitability report provides a snapshot of your profit by category. This allows you to quickly see which categories are your best performing and which may be struggling or simply a smaller part of your business. By using the 'Advanced Search' button, you can change the report timeframe to show within the last 1 month, the last 3 months, the last 6 months, All, or change the view to 'From' to select a custom date.
You can export any of these views.
Note: For the Profitability reports, data is pulled from sales even if in an Estimated status, so the revenue you see is subject to change within an open settlement period. Although sales and refunds are accounted for in the profitability reports, reimbursements and overhead expenses like inbound shipping/promos are not included.
The Category will only be on the report if you sold an item with that category during the timeframe you are researching, but the On Hand value should contain any MSKUs in inventory that you have with that Category and not just the ones sold.
The report contains the following sortable columns:
- Category - This will show all of the categories with sales for the selected time period.
- Units Sold - the quantity of units sold for that category in the time period selected (order item shipped qty)
- Units Refunded - The total number of units refunded for the selected timeframe.
- MFN Shipping - The amount of MFN shipping for that category in the selected timeframe.
- Revenue - revenue of the orders for that category in the time period selected, less the refunded orders.
- % Of Revenue - percent of revenue that category made up in the time period selected, less the refunded orders (specific category revenue divided by total revenue.)
- Profit - profit of the orders for that category in the time period selected, less the refunded orders.
- ROI % - Return on Investment of the orders for that category in the time period selected (profit/buy cost of orders and refunded orders*100.)
- On Hand - This is the amount of units on hand for that category, for MSKUs sold within the selected timeframe.
Hovering your mouse pointer over each color in the bar at the bottom of the report reveals a quick-glance profitability for each category.