If you are labeling your products for FBA, you must be sure to follow Amazon's FBA Barcode Guidelines. According to Seller Central:
"All Amazon barcodes must be printed in black ink on white, non-reflective labels with removable adhesive. Dimensions must be between 1 x 2 inches and 2 x 3 inches (1 x 3 inches or 2 x 2 inches, for example)."
The actual label, itself, must contain the following:
- Sufficient white space around the Amazon barcode and related text: (0.25 inches on the sides and 0.125 inches on the top and bottom)
- ASIN or FNSKU
- Product name
- Item condition
In terms of placement, you must make sure of the below:
- Put the correct barcode on each item.
- Cover all other visible barcodes, except for any serial number barcodes or Transparency authentication code labels.
- Place the barcode on the outside of any prep materials.
- Do not place the barcode on a curve or corner of the package.
- Allow 0.25 inch between the edge of the label and the edge of the packaging.
- Ensure that each item in a case pack has an Amazon barcode and any barcodes on the case have been removed.
For more information, see the article Use an Amazon barcode to track inventory.