You can print from your DYMO printer using any browser! Some of the more common DYMO printers our users print from include the DYMO LabelWriter 450, the DYMO LabelWriter 450 Turbo, and the DYMO LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo.
DYMO Printer Setup Steps
1. Turn on and connect your DYMO to your computer.
2. Install version 8.7.2 for Mac and 8.7.3 for Windows of the DYMO Label Software to your computer. This is not just the Drivers for your printer; it’s a bundle that comprises the most current drivers as well as the necessary software framework to allow InventoryLab to communicate with the device. After downloading and installing the DLS software for your OS, log out of InventoryLab and restart your browser.
3. Access the Printer Settings area inside InventoryLab. To navigate there, click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of InventoryLab and click Settings, then select the bottom Print Settings tab. On the settings page, click on the Set Up a Printer button located in the upper right corner of the screen.
4. Once selected, you will have an option to use the Standard method (on the right side of the screenshot below) or IL Print (on the right side of the image below).
If you want to install IL print, we suggest reading the below support articles as this article is about the standard method of installing the DYMO printer:
To set up your printer using the standard method, click on the left side option in the below screen:
5. In the Printer Setup window, click on the DYMO icon and then click on Next.
InventoryLab will now run a check to ensure that the DLS software is installed and actively communicating on your machine. If the software is installed and functioning, you’ll be taken to the Selection window to choose your model of DYMO, label type, and orientation of the labels. If something isn’t working, you’ll see a window advising you to install the latest LabelWriter software for your computer (it will say Mac or Windows depending on your computer OS):
If you do see the above window, click on the download button and download the latest version of DYMO software. Unplug your printer and install it. Once the software is installed, plug your printer in and come back to the InventoryLab screen. Click on Next and you should be taken to the DYMO printer model and label selection window:
6. Use the first drop-down to select your DYMO Printer Model, then in the next drop-down pick the type of label stock being used as well as the roll side, if applicable, for your printer.
The DYMO LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo is only able to print from 1 side within InventoryLab. If you run out of labels and need to switch to the other side, you will have to run the Setup a Printer process again and choose the correct side with the remaining labels. Once your choices have been made click the Done button.
6. Review your Print Setting Options to determine if you would like your labels to automatically after adding to a batch, or if you would like to print in high quality.
For the Turbo printers, if you are using label 30336, you may have to select Print With High Quality so that the barcodes and text are legible on the label.
Once you complete the print setup you'll have the option to check that everything is looking good by clicking the Print Test Label button on the Print Settings Page.
For a visual walkthrough of setting up your DYMO printer, check out the below video:
Already installed your DYMO but labels not printing as they should? DYMO Troubleshooting