When setting up a Zebra printer, you must use Firefox to print. Some of the more common Zebra printers our users print from include the Zebra LP2844, the Zebra GK420D, and the Zebra GX420T.
You will also need to download the JS Print Setup Plugin for Firefox. After it is installed, please restart Firefox.
|! The JS Print Plugin is not compatible with the new Firefox Quantum version. In order to print with your Zebra printer, you will need to revert to the older version of Firefox.|
Note: You must download the JS Print Plugin before you can continue to the Zebra Technologies configurations page. The following will appear if the plugin is not installed:
When you return to InventoryLab you may get a notification that the site is requesting permissions for print settings.
If you receive a notification of this sort, make sure to select Allow, or Allow and Remember if this is an option.
Zebra Printer Setup Steps
1. Turn on and connect your Zebra Printer to your computer.
2. After logging in to InventoryLab, click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen, and select Settings in the drop-down menu. On the settings page, select Print Settings and click on the Set Up a Printer button in the upper right corner of the screen:
3. In the Printer Setup window, click on the Zebra Technologies icon and then click on Next.
If you don't have the JS Print extension properly installed, you will be directed to install it before you can continue as the above JS Print error window will appear. If it is installed, you will be taken to the Printer Setup window that allows you to input your printer model, the dimensions of your label, and orientation:
4. Select the name of your label printer type from the drop down box and proceed to enter the dimensions of the label stock loaded into your printer. Enter your size in Inches, using two decimal places. Select orientation and then click on Done.
5. Set up your label size in Windows. Navigate to Windows Button > Devices and Printers. Right-Click on your printer and Select Printing Preferences/Size. Then select your printer and input your label size. Save the settings.
This step can be performed at any point after the JS Print Plugin has been installed in Firefox, but it’s easiest if done last.
6. Set up manual configurations for both Windows and Mac as outlined below (the steps are not the same on OS X and Windows – each OS is covered separately):
NOTE: Depending on your OS and version of the Firefox Browser, your labels might print out of a new tab in the browser. If this IS the case for you, then make sure you do not close the new tab. You will only have to do this on first label print of a batch.
In Firefox, you will need to change a few things in your browser printer settings. To Access the settings:
Click Page Setup by clicking File>Page Setup or by clicking Page Setup from the top of your Print Preview.
You will see two tabs at the top, click on Format & Options.
- Change Orientation to Landscape
- Change Scale to 80% (you may need to uncheck 'Shrink to Fit Page Width')
MAC OS X
In Firefox, click File>Page Setup
- Set Format For to your printer
- Set Orientation to Landscape (sideways photo on the right)
- Scale to 70 %
- Click the Paper Size drop-down menu and select Manage Custom Sizes at the bottom
- Click the + sign to create a new size configuration
- Set both Width and Height to 4
- For the Non-Printable Area, the top should be 1.8. All others areas should be 0.
7. Review your Print Setting Options to determine if you would like your labels to automatically after adding to a batch, or if you would like to print in high quality.