- Set https://app.inventorylab.com as an exception to any external popup or ad blockers you are running.
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer.
- Fully delete all current driver downloads completely from your computer - This step is CRUCIAL. If you only install the correct driver version without first uninstalling the one you already have, your issue will not resolve.
- Uninstall instructions for Mac OSX Sierra
- Uninstall instructions for Windows 10
- Uninstall instructions for Windows 8/8.1
- Uninstall instructions for Windows 7
- Download and install the latest version of DYMO directly from the DYMO website. For your convenience, the files are located below:
- Verify the DYMO icon
Is in your computer's system tray (Below are instructions for Windows, followed by instructions for Mac).
- Plug your printer back in and turn on after your driver has been installed.
- Verify Your Browser Settings
- Make sure your printer is installed on your computer (after a driver update, many times it is not. This will cause it to not be recognized in IL)
- Windows 10->Start->Settings->Devices->Printers & Scanners->Add a Printer or Scanner
- Mac->Launchpad->System Preferences->Printers & Scanners->Click the + sign in the lower right of your printer list.
- Since your printer is plugged in during this step, both Mac and Windows should automatically recognize your printer to select.
VERY IMPORTANT STEPS
- Log out of InventoryLab by clicking your name in the upper right hand corner->Logout
- Log back into InventoryLab
- Re-Run Print Setup in InventoryLab (Settings->Print Setup)
If InventoryLab is not reading your DYMO printer during Setup, try setting your Printer to None (instead of selecting Dymo in the print setup) and closing your browser before opening it back up and attempting to run the print setup once more. This will allow for a refresh and resolve this issue.
Click on the system tray arrow to display the items in your system tray:
Click on the DYMO icon and select Diagnose from the menu.
Click on Yes to allow the Dymo Label Web Service to open the test page
You should see the following message once the page opens:
If you do NOT see this message, then your DYMO Label Web Service is NOT communicating and you will need to contact Dymo Support to resolve this issue. You do not need to continue with the steps below and must contact DYMO Support.
If you do see this message, continue with the steps that follow the Mac section.
Verify the DYMO icon is in the top menu bar on your Mac:
Click on the DYMO icon and select Diagnose in the menu
Click on Yes to allow the DYMO Label Web Service to open the test page
You should see the following message once the page opens.
If you do NOT see this message, then your Dymo Label Web Service is NOT communicating and you will need to contact Dymo Support to resolve this issue. You do not need to continue with the steps below and must contact Dymo Support.
If, after following these steps you are still unable to print, contact us in the support portal and we can troubleshoot further.