We have found that by following all of the steps below, in the order they are displayed, most DYMO printer issues can be solved easily!
Note: If you have recently updated Google Chrome, follow the steps here to resolve your issue.
- Set https://app.inventorylab.com as an exception to any external popup or ad blockers you are running.
- Disconnect the power cable from your printer.
- Fully delete all current driver downloads completely from your computer - This step is CRUCIAL. If you only install the correct driver version without first uninstalling the one you already have, your issue will not resolve.
- Uninstall instructions for MacOS Catalina
- 'Right click your DYMO icon and choose 'Exit'
- Completely remove the older DYMO certificate from your Mac:
Navigate to Finder > Applications > Utilities > and open Keychain Access
In Keychain Access, click System. Look for the DYMO Root CA (for localhost) certificate and click it.
Right click and choose 'Delete DYMO Root CA (for localhost). You will need to enter your password twice.
Do this for each DYMO Root CA certificate in this area.
- Download and install the latest version of DYMO directly from the DYMO website. For your convenience, the files are located below:
- Find the DYMO software download in your download folder (or the location on your computer designated for downloaded files). Double click the file and follow the install instructions.
- Verify the DYMO icon is in the top menu bar on your Mac:
If you do NOT see the DYMO icon, try the steps on this page to bring it up.
- Plug your printer back in and turn on after your driver has been installed.
- Make sure your printer is installed on your computer (after a driver update, many times it is not. This will cause it to not be recognized in IL)
Mac->Launchpad->System Preferences->Printers & Scanners->Click the + sign in the lower right of your printer list.
Since your printer is plugged in during this step, your Mac should automatically recognize your printer to select.
VERY IMPORTANT STEPS
- Reboot your computer.
- Log out of InventoryLab by clicking your name in the upper right hand corner->Logout
- Log back into InventoryLab
- Re-Run Print Setup in InventoryLab (Settings->Print Setup)
If InventoryLab is not reading your DYMO printer during Setup, try setting your Printer to None (instead of selecting Dymo in the print setup) and closing your browser before opening it back up and attempting to run the print setup once more. This will allow for a refresh and resolve this issue.
Still Having Trouble?
Verify the DYMO icon is in the top menu bar on your Mac:
Click on the DYMO icon and select Diagnose in the menu
Click on Yes to allow the DYMO Label Web Service to open the test page
You should see the following message once the page opens.
If you do NOT see this message, then your Dymo Label Web Service is NOT communicating and you will need to contact Dymo Support to resolve this issue.
If, after following these steps successfully, you are still unable to print, contact us in the support portal and we can troubleshoot further.