We have found that by following all of the steps below, in the order they are displayed, most DYMO printer issues can be solved easily!
Note: If you have recently updated Google Chrome, follow the steps here to resolve your issue.
- Set https://app.inventorylab.com as an exception to any external popup or ad blockers you are running.
- Disconnect the power cable from your printer.
- Fully delete all current driver downloads completely from your computer - This step is CRUCIAL. If you only install the correct driver version without first uninstalling the one you already have, your issue will not resolve.
- Right-click your DYMO icon and choose 'Exit'
- Completely remove the older DYMO certificate from your Mac:
Navigate to Finder > Applications > Utilities > and open Keychain Access
In Keychain Access, click System. Look for the DYMO Root CA (for localhost) certificate and click it.
Right click and choose 'Delete DYMO Root CA (for localhost). You will need to enter your password twice.
Do this for each DYMO Root CA certificate in this area.
- Download and install DYMO directly from the DYMO website.
- Find the DYMO software download in your download folder (or the location on your computer designated for downloaded files). Double click the file and follow the install instructions.
- If you're running DYMO Label Software 8.7.5, verify the DYMO icon is in the top menu bar on your Mac:
- If you do NOT see the DYMO icon, try the steps on this page to bring it up before moving forward.
- Plug your printer back in and turn on after your driver has been installed.
- Make sure your printer is installed on your computer (after a driver update, many times it is not. This will cause it to not be recognized in IL)
Mac->Launchpad->System Preferences->Printers & Scanners->Click the + sign in the lower right of your printer list.
Since your printer is plugged in during this step, your Mac should automatically recognize your printer to select.
VERY IMPORTANT FINAL STEPS
- Log out of InventoryLab by clicking your name in the upper right hand corner->Logout
- Log back into InventoryLab
- Navigate to Settings>Print Settings and click "Remove Printer"
- Click "Set Up Your Printer" and follow the steps to complete Print Setup in InventoryLab once more
If you cannot print at this point, reboot your computer completely and try to print once more. Some systems require a full reboot for the driver update to take place.
Still Having Trouble?
If, after following these steps successfully, you are still unable to print, contact us in the support portal and we can troubleshoot further.